Get Things Rolling - Planning for your Wallpaper Design and Installation
Home decorating is an exciting and fulfilling experience. Here's a list of questions to ask yourself before you get started. The answers should give you a solid foundation from which to begin choosing patterns and colors of your wallcovering, as well as giving you a sense of what accessories such as pillows, comforters, and window fashions might be just perfect for your new room.
- How do I use the room (i.e. sleep, eat, activity) and how often do I use it?
- Who uses the room?
- How much time is spent in the room?
- Do I want a formal or informal setting?
- Is the room large or small?
- Do I want the room to appear larger or smaller?
- What are the givens (must work with carpet, tile, etc.)?
- What do I want to be the center of interest? (i.e. furniture, wallcovering, art piece)
- What colors are already in the furniture, drapes and carpeting, or fixtures and tiles?
- Will I be replacing any of these?
- What exactly are the room's dimensions?
- How much money do I want to invest?
We have provided these questions in a printable form for you to use before you select your patterns.
Getting Started Printable Form